Vitreous Enamel Power
Select 270 Type fixed resistors for applications requiring wattage ratings from 12 to 1000 watts. The 270 Type resistors are equipped with lug terminals suitable for soldering or sturdy bolt connection. When secure mounting is required, the hollow core of these resistors permits fastening with spring-type brackets, thru bolts or thru bolts with slotted-steel brackets.
Suitable for rugged applications, the 270 Type resistors feature all-welded construction and durable lead-free vitreous enamel coating. Mounting brackets not included with resistors.
Type 270 Resistor Characteristics
- Coating: Lead free vitreous enamel. Large models (500 watts and up) are supplied in Silicone Ceramic. Also available in low-cost Centohm coating; Consult factory
- Core: Tubular ceramic
- Terminals: Solder coated radial lug. RoHS solder composition is 96% Sn, 3.5% Ag, .5% Cu
- Derating: Linearly from 100% @ +25°C to 0% @ +350°C
- Tolerance: ±5% 1Ω and over (J); ±10% under 1Ω (K)
- Power Rating: Based on 25°C free air rating
- Overload: 10 times rated wattage for 5 seconds
- Temperature coefficient: 1 to 20Ω: ±400 ppm/°C; Above 20Ω: ±260 ppm/°C
- Dielectric withstanding voltage: 1000 VAC: 12 to 100 watt rating. 3000 VAC: 175 to 225 watt rating (Measured from terminal to mounting bracket)
- Mounting hardware